Join me in learning how easy it is to make your own fermented vegetables.
Live pickles, sauerkraut, condiments, beverages and more!
June 30, 2-4 p.m. at Glow Healthcare (2332 NW Irving St., Portland, OR)
For millennia, cultured or fermented vegetables have been a foundation of health the world over for many reasons. Join me and learn the nutritional power of these flavorful foods and beverages and how very simple and inexpensive they are to make at home.
For only $45 you’ll get:
- How to put together a jar of live pickles or sauerkraut in minutes with no special equipment
- Recipes for easy fermented pickles, kraut, condiments and beverages
- A chance to taste a wide variety of fermented foods, like pickled ginger carrots, Latin American sauerkraut, beet kvass, fermented salsa and lots more
- An understanding of the basic science behind lacto-fermentation and why it’s safe and simple
- How fermented foods support a strong immune system and good digestion
- Where to find ingredients and equipment, which is minimal and probably already in your home
- A ton of fun and the inspiration to create your own delicious ferments all year round
Markets and gardens are bursting with produce! Learn how to preserve it with ease and without heating up your kitchen. Register today by calling me at 503-956-9600 or contact me online. Space is limited, so register early.
I’ll be putting together a Ferment-of-the-Day from now until class time! You’ll be able to taste them all on that day. Here’s the list: